Voting

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Technology Reflections

When I started this semester I was extremely nervous and excited. I had enrolled into my final six classes before I would start my student teaching in the spring. With taking six classes, I knew that I would have tons of homework, but I felt that I was up for the challenge. I was put on this path of getting my teaching license for a reason and I wasn’t going to let a few classes stand in my way.
One of the classes that I found nerve wrecking was my technology class. I have not been a big fan of technology because they have always found a way to mess up what I needed to do. I have always said a computer should have been a four letter word as much as I cuss it. I have had a few times that if the computer was any lighter I would have thrown it out the window. Because of the frustrations I have had in the past I was scared at what I would have to do in this technology class. But I faced this challenge as I had every challenge before it, head on. I did a lot of firsts in my technology class that I never thought I would have done. I created a blog, I created a PowerPoint that focused on a lesson, and I even created my own classroom website. Each of these challenges helped me become an efficient computer user. Now I am not scared to work with technology because I have learned valuable skills I will need to teach my students someday.
The assignment I struggled with the most was the excel program. I am still having trouble with this program. I had to have a friend help me with my assignment because I honestly didn’t know what I was supposed to do. I tried five different times to do the assignment but each time I got more confused and lost. At one point I seriously considered dropping out of school all together because I knew I was in way over my head. I am really glad I changed my mind.
My favorite assignment I did during my technology class was creating my very own classroom website. I had never done anything like this before and had some serious concerns about doing it. I have always been scared of putting too much information online where everyone can see it but I decided I wouldn’t put anything that was too personal on my website. I started working on my website on Tuesday night. I had it done and published on Wednesday evening. I really enjoyed making my website. I scripted the website like it was the start of a new school year. I included links for my parents and students. Because my last name is Jett, I used this in my website name, Mrs. Jett’s High Flyers. I thought that had a cute ring to it. I know I can use my classroom website to offer my students links to websites that provide extra help in specific subjects. I can use the website to give announcements for my parents about upcoming events. I can even use the website to offer ways my parents can get in contact with me. My classroom website has so much potential for educational use. I am so glad I faced this challenge and succeeded in making a functional website I can use now and later when I have my own classroom.
This semester I have faced a number of challenges. Each challenge I have faced head-on and with all my might. I have overcome many obstacles both educational and family. I am leaving this semester with wide eyed enthusiasm for the rest of my college education.  I will look back at this semester and remember fondly how I fought technology and I won the battle.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your final reflections.
    Looks like you won the battle. Don't ever stop working to obtain your dreams.

    Happy Holidays and remember that Life’s a Journey-- Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete